Is it dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tonynose188

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got this open brain and the yellllowish green was a little bit more then it is in the pic. But I bought it with the white area but now it is growing. I spot feed it and all my other corals are doing great.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130109_165630.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130109_165630.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 110
is the picture take with full actinic on? Can you tell us what kind of lighting and your tank dimonsion? The neon green kind of worry me a bit. Do you see the brain open up when lights on or do you still see all the skeleon of the coral?

Ya i think it is the The skeleton thst i see. It is turning brown now. I use LED lights white for day lights and blues for nights. The pic was taken with white lights on

then I am afraid the answer is yes that it is not doing that well. I am suprise to hear you only got white in day time as coral does need lots blue spectrum. Does the open brain like this when you purchase it ? (showing skeleton etc?)

Sorry I have white/blue on during the day I was working but yes think it is dieing I got it like that which sucks

Have u tried to use a Turkey baster and blow the brown spots off the exposed skeleton more then likely its algae and it will need to come off the coral inorder for it to heel its self.....

Back
Top Bottom