Is my anemone dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brooklyn2la

Aquarium Advice Regular
Salt 1.024, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 10, temp 78.9.
What is coming out of its mouth? It's now floating around after a WC

Attachments

• image-844338925.jpg
    image-844338925.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 163
  • image-1205607368.jpg
    image-1205607368.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 141
  • image-1734286854.jpg
    image-1734286854.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 154
Something came out and my brittle star is going to town on it. I can't find my damsel fish but the thing that came out didn't look like a fish. It looked like a big shrimp

Attachments

• image-703599209.jpg
    image-703599209.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 171
  • image-1205203521.jpg
    image-1205203521.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 187
  • image-3632442605.jpg
    image-3632442605.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 164
  • image-1338181197.jpg
    image-1338181197.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 163
Whatever it was, it was either stressed and threw it back up or it was to big for it and it...threw it back up. If you don't see your damsel in a week, I wouldn't think to hard about where it went. Do you have any shrimp in your tank?

Yes I did- I hadn't seen it for a while. I'm going to try to save this for my friend that had a cracked tank

It's a creme color right now. The mouth is tight and it moved when I did a WC. My clown seems happy now that it settled. The back is definitely sticky- I saw my crab unstick itself from it.

That picture was taken in the dark right? Wait till the lights come on for a while and let us know. Just so you know also seabae anenomes are a little on the difficult side. What kind of lighting do you have? They also need a very stable tank. At least a year old.

melosu58 said:
That picture was taken in the dark right? Wait till the lights come on for a while and let us know. Just so you know also seabae anenomes are a little on the difficult side. What kind of lighting do you have? They also need a very stable tank. At least a year old.

Actually when I put my light in it- the tentacles started to reach. I feel so helpless...

What to do... Should I take it out or wait. I fed her last night & she would not take it.

Attachments

• image-2923133783.jpg
    image-2923133783.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 139
I'm assuming it's upside down? If so, flip it over and move it towards the rocks so it has something to attach to. Don't try to feed it. It takes alot of energy for an anemone to digest food and it can hurt a sick anemone.

Ya you shouldn't leave it upside down. Pick it up and put it on a rock and wait. I touch my ritteri all the time and don't get stung so you should be fine. Put gloves on if you have a problem.

Cantareadio said:
How's is looking today

I put it on a rock close to the light. It just shrunk more than half it's size & was turning gray. I think it's time to DC it.

My purple tip just died too. My heater broke on me and water temp got down to about 65 one night. I bought one the next day but it was too late. It did the exact same thing too. Excreted all kinds of crap, then flipped upside down and wouldn't stick to anything. I lost it 3 days later. Found out later that they are one of the hardest to keep, and aren't very hardy so anything could have set it off.

Jmkb02 said:
My purple tip just died too. My heater broke on me and water temp got down to about 65 one night. I bought one the next day but it was too late. It did the exact same thing too. Excreted all kinds of crap, then flipped upside down and wouldn't stick to anything. I lost it 3 days later. Found out later that they are one of the hardest to keep, and aren't very hardy so anything could have set it off.

Sucks! Going to get my maroon a buddy.

Good luck, my Lfs thinks maybe I have just a tiny bit of copper. He said that any will do that. I decided in a frogspawn instead after a few water changes and getting my water tested again.

Back
Top Bottom