Is my anemone dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the freshwater green spot puffers. They are tiny. 1 to 2 inches max.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And you just threw them into saltwater without any acclimation to higher salinity? Just tossing things into a tank seems to be the theme to your ongoing issue. It can take weeks to raise salinity to a level with fish that can tolerate the raise, like some puffers and mollys.
Similar with your anemone, he wasn't drip acclimated to the new tank. Starting off the cycle of stress.

That's a huge bioload for such a young tank. I'd expect phosphates or nitrates to be high. What's your salinity? Why are you using conditioner with tap water?

Yes the lighting is that one. I just placed it in the purchase bag and let it soak in tank for 15 mins.

The crown fish died few days ago for no reason. My parameter is all 0s, I am using rodi water in a 55 gallons tank.

My tank has one yellow tang, 2 green spot puffers, couple of crabs, one cleaner fish, 2 demsel, 1 snowflake eel, few corals and 2 engineer coby.

Best advice anyone can give you is to start doing research before you make purchases. Another thing is fish just don't die "for no reason", something is going on. Are you using an api kit for nitrates? If you don't follow the directions EXACTLY you'll get a false 0 reading (shouldn't have 0 nitrate anyway as that's pretty much impossible IMHO).

I was pretty much doing the test using API every other day. I have switched over to rodi now. My water is 1.025 salinity

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom