Is my anemone dying? Should i remove it from my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please see photo below. My anemone has been like this for one full day. It is fully deflated and my pair of clown fish seem to keep sucking on it every half hour. I am aware that the anemone can poison when dying however I don't want to remove it if its ok. Can anyone please help.

Attachments

• image-2836646894.jpg
    image-2836646894.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2377697036.jpg
    image-2377697036.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 131
I would give it a couple days to see what happens. It's a tough call though because you want to protect your other inhabitants. Try doing a google search for "dead anemone" and other similar searches.

Well when I woke this morning it had come almost come loose and was hanging off the rock. I have placed it in a bucket of saltwater as I was running late for work. Please see photo below. I will let you know what it looks like when I get home later today. Gutted that it looks like it has died. Thank you for you messages mate!

Attachments

• image-2884305125.jpg
    image-2884305125.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 106
Well when I woke this morning it had come almost come loose and was hanging off the rock. I have placed it in a bucket of saltwater as I was running late for work. Please see photo below. I will let you know what it looks like when I get home later today. Gutted that it looks like it has died. Thank you for you messages mate!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom