Is my anemone going to make it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pirate-of-the-Caribbean

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi gang,

We purchased this anemone Sunday 4/22 it hasn't been doing well. This is our first anemone and we may have gotten over our head. Water quality seems good no ammonia NO3 is at 5

Is this a goner? Any tips to help get it healthier?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• image-2468876698.jpg
    image-2468876698.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 112
Is the bottom or "foot" sticky at all? What kind of lights do you have?

He does not look good. I would take him out and put him in a hospital tank. When they die they decompose very quickly! It will harm your tank and kill other fish. It is very important to have good lights with an anemone. What do you have? We target feed our bubble tip every other day. His favorite is Rods food. Good luck!

We have 260 watt light 130 fluorescent 130 actinic

The foot doesn't feel very sticky...it was hiding in the back/bottom of tank pretty much since we got it I thought it would enjoy closer to the light source but for some reason this one hid in the dark

Yea doesn't look like it will make it. You said it was hiding, did you move it closer to the light?

We've tried to move it closer to the light but it doesn't stick to anything :(

I think we will try and take it back. Any reason we shouldn't get another one? Hate to killing creatures

I don't think it's lighting. When they don't have enough light they bleach out, but they still keep their shape. Your 260 watt fixture should at least keep it alive. I think it's something else.
What kind of anemone is that? Is that a condy?

The poor guy was a purple long tentacle anemone. We took him back and refund no problem. No receipt but fortunately we've spent major $$$$ at the store this was the first issue so no problem with the return

Only thing Ph was 7.7 I wonder if that killed him.

Back
Top Bottom