Is my Blenny Sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

euro_Boy_To

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ever since I got my Lawnmower Blenny he has had cloudy eyes.. they don't look Black, they have a haze...

Lately he has been acting strange.. he's gotten thinner.. he loses his color every now and then, then he gets back some color, then loses it again..

I seen him hit scratch against the rocks only once on twice in the last few days.. He's breathing normally sometimes, and sometimes extremely fast.. and shaking his head.. like something is stuck in his throat and he's trying to get it through..

I put in Green Marine Algae for him and he eats quite a bit of it.. but I'm going to get him some Nori because I think the algae is not enough..

I don't know what to do for him.. he's normal one hour, and colorless and breathing fast the next hour.. Could the stuff he's eating off the rocks be bad for him?.. I have almost all neon green algae everywhere.. no more brown algae he used to eat all the time.

Anybody have any idea on what could be wrong?

I just tested all the water parameters, everything is at 0.. PH 8.2, Salinity 0.024 .. It's a 30 gallon tank and there's only one other very happy Clownfish in there with him.

Ok,
he's stuck on one rock now and breathing extremely fast..
he didn't even move from there at all the whole day and when I put my hand in he still didn't move...

Anything I can do? Looks like he's about to die...
I put an aerator on my water pump, maybe he wasn't getting enough oxygen but still no improvement.

Update
-------

well, he just died..
I wish I knew why.. he was quite skinny.. I think he ran out of energy breathing so fast.. but I have no idea why the breathing happened.. he was eating good until now, he even ate yesterday.. but couldn't keep weight on.

I should've done something when I saw him act funny and scratch against the rocks 3-4 days ago, but I had no idea he was on his way out.

Back
Top Bottom