Is my Clam in Trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

WEll Last night it seems my Rose BTA decided it didnt like where it was and moved.. Kinda understandable since its probably just gotten used to the tank.. Now it is extremely close to one of my Crocea Clams.. The clam doesnt seem bothered but I will be ditching the clam if its going to be problematic.. Its not like I really need 4 Crocea clams anyways LOL

TIA<
James

well it looks like they're already in contact and neither seem to be "reacting" badly then I'd just give it a few days and see how they get along. of course, i've never had either of those so I could be wrong :eek:)

I would think you would notice immediately if the clam was being stung and irritated. I would imagine he would either be showing signs of gaping, pinched mantle, or just not coming out of his shell out all.

Ok well Any other thoughts.. So far still no reaction... I am watching and waiting... Any other first hand experiences with stings from anemones and Clams??

TIA<
James

Clams do not care to much about nematocysts, they seem immune. Overshadowing is usually how a coral will win over a clam for space.

So I should just not worry about it?? Most likely the BTA trying to get away from the light LOL

James

I wouldn't worry about it, unless it is a condition you know to be harmful to the clam. It's sad to say this, but worrying about a clam is pointless, they will very rarely give any warning signs that something is wrong, they usually look great, right up to the point the croak and you wake up with an empty shell full of fat bristle worms and pods.

they will very rarely give any warning signs that something is wrong, they usually look great, right up to the point the croak and you wake up with an empty shell full of fat bristle worms and pods.
Been There done That.. You remember my first clam (Derasa) LOL I will just watch it.. Everthing looks to be fine with it not gapping at all fully extended no pinched mantle or anything.. I would think the Clam would retract into its shell if It was bothered by the sting.. Who knows Maybe I will wake up with an Extremely Fat Rbta because it ate the Clam LOL..

James

Back
Top Bottom