Is my coral dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaterbeginners

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this like two weeks ago and it's not opening for a day. Please help.

Attachments

• image-205441709.jpg
    image-205441709.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 138
  • image-172466276.jpg
    image-172466276.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 140
They maybe responding to a certain stimuli in your tank. What are the stats/parameters? What other inhabitants you have in there? Did you acclimate?

They maybe responding to a certain stimuli in your tank. What are the stats/parameters? What other inhabitants you have in there? Did you acclimate?

Everything's are fine.

Attachments

• image-1862434671.jpg
    image-1862434671.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1125022925.jpg
    image-1125022925.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 151
Apart from loads of algae everywhere! What are your parameters? Zoas are pretty hardy so something must be off if they are not opening...

I see your smaller set has opened, how about your bigger frag? Its there any fish messing with them? I notice my zoas will close up just like that when a hermit crab walks on top of them, just saying.

It's not dying, it's just ticked off. Post all parameters and maybe there is something off? The first thing I would test is specific gravity with my refractometer.
I see diatoms, this is a fairly new set up?

Try this stuff "Coral Vital" by Marc Weiss
The purpose of Coral Vital is to relieve stress caused to Coralline Algae. The stress is generally created by the binding of beneficial substrates within the aquatic environment, eliminating their use and effectiveness. Coral Vital has an array of minerals with carriers of invert sugars that replace the bound substrates. Once the stress induced by the bound substrates has been alleviated, corals will “open up” plus regain their full color spectrum.

Seriously, Marc Weiss? Haven't heard that name in awhile.When I was doing salt Marc Weiss stuff was always called snake oil.

Back
Top Bottom