Is my Green Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shabahang

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is my Green Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral dead please help as he been looking like this for weeks and he started getting a hole inside him should i take him outImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393039118.646359.jpg

Everything is normal
Aquarium Home parameters are:
Temperature: 78
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia, NH4: 0
Nitrate, NO3: 2
pH: 8.1
Alkalinity, KH: 2.75
Calcium, Ca: 425
Phosphate, PO4: 0
Magnesium, Mg: 1,360

And the hole in the middle is too much i dont know what to do but my no3 has gone up from 0.5 to 3 in the last week so i dont know what to do about it

Not to be rude but I have seen at least three previous threads you have created about issues with toadstools along with multiple posts about your anemones. It would be appreciated if you stuck to those threads and not posted more on the exact same topic. It tends to move other peoples threads with equally important issues down the list aswell as the fact that you have been given suggestions and recommendations on all your other threads. You have also apparently changed your name from shabahang. If memory serves your tank is new, and you are dosing "purple up" which most likely a cause for your ongoing issues with your toadstool. You do have a beautiful tank and obviously care because you have invested in top quality everything for your tank. Now please look back on the other threads and follow the recommendations you were previously given.

Not to be rude but I have seen at least three previous threads you have created about issues with toadstools along with multiple posts about your anemones. It would be appreciated if you stuck to those threads and not posted more on the exact same topic. It tends to move other peoples threads with equally important issues down the list aswell as the fact that you have been given suggestions and recommendations on all your other threads. You have also apparently changed your name from shabahang. If memory serves your tank is new, and you are dosing "purple up" which most likely a cause for your ongoing issues with your toadstool. You do have a beautiful tank and obviously care because you have invested in top quality everything for your tank. Now please look back on the other threads and follow the recommendations you were previously given.

Thank you for your help. I did change my name because i could not add anymore pictures. I think you for your help but it looks like he is dead and it makes me feel very bad. And i really dont know what to do. I stopped purple up but nothing helped. My anomony is very good but him. He makes me scared that it will go bad in my tank. Here is a picture of my anomony ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393087954.025616.jpg

If you can't post pictures due to being out of space there are solutions. Most people use pictogram and post the link to the picture or you can delete old pictures on the website on a computer. The problem with posting multiple threads is you will get asked the same questions, and post the same answers and get the same recommendations based on that before you can eliminate problems that were already eliminated in previous threads. We can not simply scroll through and read the history that has already been covered which tends to start us off back at square one. We are here to help eachother and we try our best to do just that however it hinders us from helping you and others when there are 5 threads by one person on the same topic.

So enough of that, let's get to the problem here. What are your current water parameters?

Thank you your are right after this i will delete this account and go back to shabahang and fix the problem. Thank you for taking the time to inform me of the problem.

Aquarium Home parameters are:

Temperature: 78

Salinity: 1.025

Ammonia, NH4: 0

Nitrate, NO3: 2

pH: 8.1

Alkalinity, KH: 2.75

Calcium, Ca: 425

Phosphate, PO4: 0

Magnesium, Mg: 1,360

Your alkalinity is way low, it should be 8-9 but anywhere from 7-10 is ok. Before you start raising it, what test kit are you using? Are you doing the rest exactly as outlined in the directions? If so you need to raise it, if not then you need to retest correctly. When it comes to raising alkalinity you must do it very very slowly. To get it to where you need it should take at least a week preferably two, a rapid increase will cause more harm.

Ok, well your alkalinity is low and needs to be raised. A cheap easy way is baking soda I believe it is, may be powder but I think it's soda. Do a google search to learn the steps then search reef calculator and it will tell you how much to mix up. The dose should be administered over the course of a week at least better to go two weeks. Test your alkalinity daily to monitor it.

Back
Top Bottom