is my leather coral ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockerman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all . i got first coral 6 day ago its a leather coral it looked lovely but 2days ago the polups went in and have not come out again. my tank has been running about 4 months the water is all good but my nightrate is 10 my lfs said that is ok for a leather and my lighs are two t8s i was allso told that was ok for the leather. is this a bad prob with the coral. ment thanks

Pics please . I have a leather that gets tempramental every now and agian , and right before it sloughs off old tissue then it is fine. Is there any black tissue on it ? What are the other corals in the tank with it ? What fish do you have , what inverts ,shrimp ect ?What is your flow like . Post up all perameters Spg, temp, Ammonia , NitrItes , NitrAtes , Phosphates . How old are your lights ? You can take a turkey baster and blow it off . With out pics I can only hazzard a guess and say give it some time it is still acclimating , and should show its polyps again .

As Sadie said leathers do what we call sloughing. They will look bad for a day or two and then go back to normal. They usually do it every few weeks. What you are describing sounds like this but to be safe post your water test results so we can be sure.

Welcome to AA

What is the wattage on these 2 T8's? I think T8's are normal output flourescent bulbs. May not be enough for a leather.

Back
Top Bottom