Is my new torch ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dasjestyr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not sure what to be looking for so i just wanted to hit the community and ask if you think my torch is ok. I've only had it for a few days and one of the heads appears to be healthy, opens up fully during the day, etc. The other head rarely opens up. When i bought it, both heads were open. Until today, the weaker head was kind of close to a rock so i look to see if maybe there was an aiptasia back there but there isnt. I pulled it further out from the rock today to see what happened. The exposed tentacles seem ok, no slime on them or anything. Every once in a while, it'll open up a little bit but not much. Should I be concerned?

img_1435072_0_6c1572dbeb5764e1a88831f93b488c54.jpg

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 8
SG: 1.024

Give it a few more days. If you see the weaker head start to come apart you`ll need to break off that head before it infects the other head. It will have the brown jelly disease. But give it a few more days to see if it gets better.

may have been. seems to be doing a lot better now. i just seem to recall the tentacles being a lot longer. probably wrong about that. it is opening a lot more now. about 1/2-2/3 the size of the larger head now :)

Back
Top Bottom