Is my pulsing xenia sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
So we got a pulsing Xenia last week and we got it drip acclimated after an hour and it was doing fine. After a couple of days the Xenia didn't pulse as much...should I be worried? We are supplementing the water with iodine and it has sufficient lighting. It is growing bigger and taller and it's stalks have split to form new stalks. My husband thinks that it's not pulsing as much because it might be in the water current more b/c it's a little taller is that true? Just trying to see if anyone thinks that they've had this problem before. Am i worried for no reason? Any advice would help, Thanks!

Pulsing xenia usually doesnt pulse in a high current, try moving it to the lowest flow

Do you have a test kit for iodine? If not I wouldn't dose it, it can get out of control easy.

And xenia can be moody at times, especially in a new tank. They'll close up for no reason sometimes. Mine is doing best in moderate flow on a wave maker.

We have moved the Xenia to a lower spot in the tank and have adjusted the water flow with the power head we have, so we will just have to see if that changes the behavior. Also we are going to be getting a tester kit for the iodine because we have been dosing without testing and I'm sure that it's probably not helping the situation. We will be doing a big water change this weekend so we can get the levels under control if need be. Also we got better lighting today so that will definitely help all around. Will keep u posted, thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom