Is my torch dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
See attached. Is this brown slime disease? You will see one good torch head. The other is closed up and has this brown slime covering it.
What should i do?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110907_072930.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110907_072930.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 123
frag off the dead heads and get them out of the tank without shaking that stuff all over the place. yes, it's brown jelly disease. i would put the remaining head in an area of decent flow.

yes, they are pretty easy to break apart. don't be surprised if you lose the last head. most of the colonies i brought in that had it were total losses.

yes, they are pretty easy to break apart. don't be surprised if you lose the last head. most of the colonies i brought in that had it were total losses.

I'll keep my fingers crossed this one survives =/

That was good advice by MR X. I had one that needed to broken off also and that was the charm. Hope all goes well.

The other head is alive and well so far since I broke the bad one off :)

I mean just a coral dip like coral rx and dip before u ever put in the tank, will it prevent this diseas

i see it a lot in euphyllia (frogspawn, torch, hammer) but have seen it on other corals too like symphyllia, lobophyllia, and other lps.

I may be wrong but wasn't Julien Sprung supposed to be publishing something this year about using Melafix as a wide range dip? do you think this would work Mr_X or have you tried this before?

Back
Top Bottom