Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is our cleaner shrimp sick or molting????

We have had our salt water tank set up now for about 5 months and all has gone very well up until last night. When we went to feed the night feeding, our cleaner shrimp, who has been the highlight of our tank with all his little antics, did not come out to feed as he always greedily does. He did not come out to feed again this morning. He just sits quietly behind the rocks. He molted days after we got him about 3 months ago so would it be time for him to molt again and is this normal behavior for them when they molt? Please help. We would really hate to loose him.

I am inclined to believe that those who do not have a love of pets, are those whom I would prefer not to associate with.
chickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
He's more than likely molting .... when mine molts I don't see him for a day or so, and then after that another day or so ... they usually hide after a molt because the exoskeleton is very sensitive and takes time to harden!
God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote

clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, ick, molt, molting, rim, shrimp, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com