Is something wrong with my frogspawn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattdean

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just noticed this today. Only had it for a couple of weeks, but it has been growing and doing well till today. All my water parameters are good. No sign of anything out of the ordinary. The rest of it is ok, but this one corner in the front looks like this:

Any input would be appreciated. Thanksl

Attachments

• frogspawnproblem.jpg
    frogspawnproblem.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 111
Get an iodine solution like a coral bath. Mine did the same thing ended up dying. Sorry to see it but mine was the covering kind like yours. There is a specific name for it but eh theres branching and then the kind like that. Its lifting up and will continue to wilt and lift up more until one whole thing of it is like a string blowing in the current. Here is what to do.

Give it an iodine bath...I use lugols solution. READ DIRECTIONS. However do a slightly diluted solution and leave in for about 15 min longer. If the solution said 20 drops at 15 min. I did 10 drops at 30 and keep an eye on it. It more than likely will secrete a mucus clear film. Stir the water with something clean or your hand. Good luck and let us know what happens.!!!

P.S. I didnt catch mine in time/ know what to do. I believe if this is the first tear you might be able to stop it.
Was it near anything like palys or zoos?
What kind of light do you have?
What kind of flow was on it?

Ghostknife, thanks a bunch for the detailed advice. I have a meeting tonight, but will go tomorrow and get the solution and take care of it. the coral is perfect for the spot and I'd hate to lose it. It is near an elegance, but they aren;t close enough to touch each other and at night the elegance closes to a 3rd the size. they have been next to each other for a couple of weeks now.

Melosu, No brown jelly. And it seems to be covering up the spot now, but could just be the flow.

I have 4 t5's. 2 actinic and 2 full spectrum. It gets a nice medium dispersed flow coming from a couple of directions. Nothing direct.

Here's the whole thing, at this moment

Attachments

• frogintrouble.jpg
    frogintrouble.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom