Is something wrong with my star fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
See picture please. Just noticed today

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110927_193705.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110927_193705.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 131
ok star fish is looking pretty bad =/ It twisted that leg off and its looking bluish.

If a leg has come off it's not looking good for him. It may be time to take him out of the tank if the condition continues. same thing happened with one I got. It pretty much disinegrated over a week or two until there wasnt much left of him.

Take him out of the tank and put him in the sump or take him out and put in trash? Is there no saving him? Will it hurt anything to let the other fish eat it if it dies completely?

If a leg has come off it's not looking good for him. It may be time to take him out of the tank if the condition continues. same thing happened with one I got. It pretty much disinegrated over a week or two until there wasnt much left of him.

I left mine in til he was just 2 legs and then I flushed him. :-(

Not sure how toxic he could be to other fish though. I didn't experience any spike while mine was dying but I may have gotten him out in time.

I left mine in til he was just 2 legs and then I flushed him. :-(

Not sure how toxic he could be to other fish though. I didn't experience any spike while mine was dying but I may have gotten him out in time.

:( Hope he's not dying. I'm keeping hope alive he was sticking to the glass at the top of the tank with my cleaner shrimp all over him; maybe they'll clean him up. *HOPING*

Just keep an eye on him is all. I had a lot of hope for mine as well but it didn't work out. Mine also was going about his normal business, hanging on the glass and munching but he still was dying. :-(

he's dying. the cleaner shrimp are cleaning up. most starfish don't belong in closed systems. we don't even know what most of them eat. the ones i see doing well in home systems are the brittle/serpent stars.

Back
Top Bottom