Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2004, 07:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
Is the frogspawn dead?

ok so i added a frogspawn last week and now he has been closed up for about 4 days now he has a ton of slime all over him and the hermit crabs are closeing in. the green parts of him are turning a gray color. is it dead or will he come back. he was doing just fine for about the fist 3 dasy or so and then slowly started to close up more. what do you think?

Old 03-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I'm certainly no expert,but my guess is that it is certainly close to dead. I've heard some say the frogspawn will sometimes grow back, so far I've never had that happen. I've also heard that it is not a good thing to leave a dead coral in the tank, it can make the nitrates go up. Good luck though, I know it's shattering to loose a coral.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

ya i payed $110 for him last friday and now it is dead. well i just tested my water and it is still all at 0 so we will see if he comces back. how much has to be there for him to come back? just the CA shell or dose there still need to be some green stuff in side the shell for him to come back?
Old 03-12-2004, 10:21 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

If all the flesh is gone, it's dead and will not come back.

Can we get a pic? What is your ph and alk? IME, Euphyllia sp are very sensitive to ph and alk.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

OUCH, that has to bite!!! Like I said, I've never had one come back, I just heard that they could, I've yet to see it happen. At least your water test out good, that a good thing and should help some maybe.
Surely there's some one out there that can give some expert advice that would like to jump in here.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

well ph is at 8.3 and my alk test kit has yet to get to my house yet. i cant get a pic i do not have a digital cameria and right now the cleaner shrimp is picking the slime/ what was green flesh off and eating it and the hermit crabs are wateign for it to die soon so they get a meal. should i just remove it?
Old 03-13-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

well i removed it just a few min ago becasue every hermit crab in the tank was eating it and none of my other corals were opening so i removed it at did a 20% water change. all my levels were just fine so unless it is a toxin. man that thing smells like dead fish when i took it out of the water i put it in a bucket with some new tank water and hopeing maybe there will be a come back but it really is not looking good.

Tags
dead, frog, frogs, frogspawn

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com