Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Is there ANYTHING I can do? (Singapore angel)

An hour ago, everything was fine in my tank! All my fish swimming happy and nothing wrong.

I come back 10 minuets later and my Singapore angel is down on the sand bet with an arched back, still breathing, but looks like he is dieing.

I moved him quickly to a hospital tank (A 5 gallon), same water and only two live rocks. A heater. No filter.

Am I just watching him die? :-( He is still breathing.

I tested my water, everything reads fine! 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrate, 0 nitrites, and 8.8Ph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9267.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	244742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	244743  

Old 07-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh, and he has been eating! He ate last night at my normal feeding hours. I watched him eat every day since I got him. :-(.

Could he have just been attacked? I never seen aggression out of my coral beauty nor out of my wrasse. No signs of any battle scars!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I put an Air-stone in the hospital tank. I don't see him recovering from whatever is going on. I never seen this!

One minute my fish is fine, the next fighting for it's life. I don't get it, the fish was fine today! This is just out of NO where! :-(

My PH is a little high, it's right at the 8.6 to 8.8 range, but besides that all of my test came back perfect. I tested with strips and with liquid just to be sure! I did both and both came back perfect. I was going to do a water change tomorrow. :-(
Old 07-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, unfortunately it passed away. :-( I watched it pass away. I was trying to get this guy to live. :-(

I was told by some shop that it could have been parasites that lay dormant in Angel fishes. Could this have been the case? I was going to add fresh sea water in (mixed) and a filter into the tank, but it died before I could get my hospital tank fully set up. I had the heater and air stone at least.

It really sucks, I was going to wait 24 hours to see if he was still alive before I bought medication to treat any parasite, but it would have just been a waste of money now. :-( I feel sad. :-( What really gets me is I just don't know what killed it. Fine one second and dead the next. I just don't get it!

Tags
angel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com