Is there ANYTHING I can do? (Singapore angel)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An hour ago, everything was fine in my tank! All my fish swimming happy and nothing wrong.

I come back 10 minuets later and my Singapore angel is down on the sand bet with an arched back, still breathing, but looks like he is dieing.

I moved him quickly to a hospital tank (A 5 gallon), same water and only two live rocks. A heater. No filter.

Am I just watching him die? :-( He is still breathing.

I tested my water, everything reads fine! 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrate, 0 nitrites, and 8.8Ph

Attachments

• IMG_9267.jpg
    IMG_9267.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Oh, and he has been eating! He ate last night at my normal feeding hours. I watched him eat every day since I got him. :-(.

Could he have just been attacked? I never seen aggression out of my coral beauty nor out of my wrasse. No signs of any battle scars!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I put an Air-stone in the hospital tank. I don't see him recovering from whatever is going on. I never seen this!

One minute my fish is fine, the next fighting for it's life. I don't get it, the fish was fine today! This is just out of NO where! :-(

My PH is a little high, it's right at the 8.6 to 8.8 range, but besides that all of my test came back perfect. I tested with strips and with liquid just to be sure! I did both and both came back perfect. I was going to do a water change tomorrow. :-(

Well, unfortunately it passed away. :-( I watched it pass away. I was trying to get this guy to live. :-(

I was told by some shop that it could have been parasites that lay dormant in Angel fishes. Could this have been the case? I was going to add fresh sea water in (mixed) and a filter into the tank, but it died before I could get my hospital tank fully set up. I had the heater and air stone at least.

It really sucks, I was going to wait 24 hours to see if he was still alive before I bought medication to treat any parasite, but it would have just been a waste of money now. :-( I feel sad. :-( What really gets me is I just don't know what killed it. Fine one second and dead the next. I just don't get it!

Back
Top Bottom