is there something wrong with my clownfish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NemozDaddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My clownfish has light black spots on them, and i dont know if something is wrong or if its ok???

ForumRunner_20120812_163317.jpg

nikki_kaiser said:
Are they hosting an anemone?

Does that have to do with the black spots even if they were hosting? Just curious. It could be ich, sometimes it is black not white

Sometimes when the clown is hosting it can get hypermelanization. If there are no corals in the tank, I would go with it being something parasitic.

If you've added any new fish or snails, etc.I would go with parasites. If you have corals or anemone, you can watch him closely, and if you are OCD about your fish and paranoid about parasites like I am ( seriously, I am!), pull him out and treat him just incase.

Thanks its not ick its in his scales not on them. And i did some research i think it is amonia burns. Idk they r acting fine and i have lots and lots of corals... idk

I would check you ammonia levels and the rest of your water parameters. I actually had my clowns show black spots and now they appear to be turning black.

Back
Top Bottom