is this bubble tip sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyreef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sick Bubble Tip? Please Help!!!!!!

I have had this guy for about a week and now for the last two days it has looked like this what should I do if anything? Thanks for any advice..

Brand new lights (All replaced within the past 3 weeks) - 2 6ft VHO and 2 48in T5 HO. 3 bulbs are actinic and 1 daylight.
Nitrates/Nitrites are both 0
Ammonia 0
pH 8-8.2

Tank Residents: 2 clown, 1 blue damsel, 1 fox face, 1 mandarin, 1 sea cucumber, crabs/snails, mushrooms, frog spawn, kenya trees, button polyps, pipe organs.

ForumRunner_20121114_194212.jpg

ForumRunner_20121114_194230.jpg

It just looks odd with its entire foot exposed. It's not bleached, though, so that's good.

With anemones it's a waiting game they will move around til they find a comfort zone but try burying the foot that shud help

When I got up and checked the tank this morning it had moved over and down the rock and hid its foot and has opened back up. Both of the clowns were also in it. Looking much better :)

Well, 2 VHO and 2 T5 won't be enough light for it. I see a nem on the floor of the tank and it is reaching for light. It isn't bleaching now, but it probably will. I'd move him up in the tank and pray he doesn't move off that rock lol.

Oh, and you have some cyano as well on a side note. Simply siphon it out. Increasing flow will aid in cyano issues, but they feed off of nitrates/phosphates and are common to see in a new tank. How old is your setup?

Back
Top Bottom