Is this ick???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Racerx094

Aquarium Advice Regular
My firefish has bin hiding a lot might be because I just added new rock and moved it all around he still comes out to eat but I've noticed that he has bumps on him I've been dosing the tank with Kent extreme garlic I heard it could help it only bad thing is I don't have a QT tank here are some pictures

Attachments

• image-175986265.jpg
    image-175986265.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-38288742.jpg
    image-38288742.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image-387489252.jpg
    image-387489252.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-3498287631.jpg
    image-3498287631.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 70
Ich looks like grains of salt. Did he look like that when you got him? How long have you had him? Are they actually bumps? Hard to tell but from the pics they look like he's stressed so he getting paler

I have had him for about 2 weeks give or take a day or two he was fine when I got him its only bin about 3 day that I have notice the bumps and him getting pale

Can't tell from the pics but if you have any question I would qt him just to keep an eye you don't want to infect any other fish.

I don't see evidence of Ich from those photos, but as stated it will look grains of salt. Now would be a good time to get a QT tank, and some filter material to keep in the sump if you have one, or in the back of the tank. This will populate with the beneficial bacteria and can be transferred to the QT tank when that is needed. Doing so will cut down on the cycle time required for the QT tank when you need to set it up.

Thank you guys he is looking better and I'll be picking up a QT tank this weekend

Back
Top Bottom