I bought it 2 weeks ago its looking better than when I first got it...I was wondering why this coral sat in the display tank for months before I bought it...I made a trade to the fish store and they offered this coral to me for a discount price....so here are some pics. does it look bad???what do I need to do???
1. Type & how long you have had it: Lobo coral had it approx. 2 months
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: 2-T5-10,000 K
and 2-T5- actinic bulbs approx. 4 months old..55 gallon tank set up in jan. 2013 approx. 4 months old.
3. Nitrate: 10ppm
4. Calcium: 500
5. Phosphate: 0
6. Alkalinity: not tested.
7. pH: 8.1
8. Salinity: 1.025
9. Temperature: 79-80*
10. Liquid or strip test kits: liquid
11. Location in tank: middle front sandbed
12. Current amount of flow: 350 magnum filter (350gph), aqua-tech 30-60 hob
filter (330gph), bh100ss reef octopus skimmer (125gph), 2 aqueon circulation pumps (700 gph
& 1250 gph
) 1 maxi jet 900, 1000 gph
13. Current tank dosing regimen: none, 5-6 gal
water chg. a week
14. Nearby coral: mushroom, button polyps, toadstool all coral not within 8 inches of each other
15. Explanation of problem: see pics..below