Is this normal ??? It's an lta..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please help me

What is this ? Is this normal? It's an lta...

Attachments

• image-3720793054.jpg
    image-3720793054.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 117
I had a maxi mini anemone that was doing that a few weeks ago. Mine was only doing that at night. Found out that it was spawning I don't know if yours is doing that or not.

joy13 said:
I had a maxi mini anemone that was doing that a few weeks ago. Mine was only doing that at night. Found out that it was spawning I don't know if yours is doing that or not.

Oh ok thank you well mine is doing it at night to so maybe that might be it I get so worried about it though.

Spawning?

So I read on google also on some people's perspective that my lta might be spawning what would I do? What do the eggs look like ? There was a weird goofy blubber thing in front of it, it was the size of a penny it's gone now I can't see it anywhere could that be an egg??

That is not a spawn. It is it's mouth gaping opened which is usually a sign of a stressed anemone. Are you trying to feed it big chuncks of food?

ccCapt said:
That is not a spawn. It is it's mouth gaping opened which is usually a sign of a stressed anemone. Are you trying to feed it big chuncks of food?

No I feed him that liquid plankton thing for invertebrates. I tried feeding him a shrimp it was a pretty good size I don't know if he ate it or not that might have been the blubber thing. What can I do for the mouth to go back to normal?

What are your water parameters - salinity (and how do you measure it), nitrate, temp and what kind of lighting do you have? How long has the tank been running?

ccCapt said:
What are your water parameters - salinity (and how do you measure it), nitrate, temp and what kind of lighting do you have? How long has the tank been running?

Well I got my water tested and my nitrates are very high so I'm doing a water change right know and doing another water test on Wednesday to see if it has improved in also going to invest in a protein skimmer.y salinity is good though everything else is good except my nitrates

They were out of stock so she was kind enough to give me some strips. I just changed the water half way, I'm hoping to get to 0 nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom