Is This To Much For A QT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just purchased another filter for my qt. I have been having a little to much touble with ammonia, and trite levels. I only had a 5-15 filter. This is what I got.

20g QT
5-15 aqua hob filter
30-60 whisper hob filter (300gph)
maxi jet 600 power head (160gph) (placed at very bottom focused on the floor of the tank)
small air pump and stone

Is this too much?

I am running no carbon, just foam. :wink:

Here is a pic of the qt.

My qt is sitting on a microwave stand I purchased at Wally World. It was cheaper than the tank stands, it has 2 doors, and the best part WHEELS! I can roll the tank around anywhere in the kitchen.

what might be better is an bigger aqua clear filter because of all the media that you can use like the sponges. usually whisper filters have carbon in them so you might want to check that.

no problem just have had it happen to me once when i was medicating my F/w fish lol. i couldnt figure out the problem then tore apart the filter and found carbon lol.

but i whould relly suggest taking out the bubbles because it can stress some fish out because they dont see that kind of bubble movement in the wild. and when you have a sick fish it is not wise to stress them out any futher. any surface movement airerates thge water your filters trickleing in are more than enough to airerate the tank.

Good Point! Also I made sure I took out the filter, because when I first started the medication I'm using now, I forgot about a carbon filter that I already had in there. :D

Your not alone!

what you might want to do if your ph starts to fall is put in a little agriite. i know friends who have done that and it worked nicely. it for in case you have a problem with it later down the road

Back
Top Bottom