is this zoa pox?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h20addict

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have never haf the pox my self but i suppose thays what's irritating my zoas

ForumRunner_20131104_152429.jpg

The white spots on the zoas is normal? This is not my first day reefing...
Anyone with a intelligent response?
If you poke the white spots with a needle they ooze like pimple, which i have read is consistent with zoa pox
Just wanted a second opinion before i start a furan 2 treatment

If you poke the white spots with a needle they ooze like pimple, which i have read is consistent with zoa pox

IMO the spots definitely look like the pox. I'd do the treatment.

Thanks, like i said. Not my first rodeo but first time in person iv experienced the pox...ill start the treatmen asap

How are you going to treat? Furan-2? It's real hard to eradicate the disease completely without wiping out the whole colony without using this method, and that's a real nice colony you have too. I've never experienced zoapox, but I know that my friend has. His colony dwindled to 6 polyps (was over 50) before it was gone. He just did freshwater dips and more natural methods.

Yes that is what the plan is, use furan 2 for 3 to 4 days of treatment and then let them rest for a week, i did a large water change and an rodi dip for all my zoas yesterday but not much improvement. I havent lost any yet. Fingers crossed, this is what they looked like the first day i noticed they were irritated

ForumRunner_20131104_195921.jpg

Yes that is what the plan is, use furan 2 for 3 to 4 days of treatment and then let them rest for a week, i did a large water change and an rodi dip for all my zoas yesterday but not much improvement. I havent lost any yet. Fingers crossed, this is what they looked like the first day i noticed they were irritated
Nice colony! Good luck! Keep us updated :)

sorry, i thought you were asking why the corals are closed and i didn't see the spot you were trying to point out.

Back
Top Bottom