Isopods on my baby puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elise

Aquarium Advice Regular
UGH im so mad.
I know i have Isopods in my tank.. now and then i see them on the fins of my little puffer, never on the body though..

Do these pods have the capability to almost eat through the fin? On my puffers rear fin, i noticed a complete hole.. its small but i see though it.. and i saw a damn Isopod on it lastnight.. from the picture, do you think it might have just been caused by something else?

I know your supposed to do a freshwater dip or pluck them off but i just got him 5 days ago and it worrys me to stress him out.. Hes only 4months old =( And what if he puffs up while im picking them off? :( *sigh*

i have 45lbs of live rock and he is the only fish in my 75g. Now i wish i never got live rock =(

Anyone have any ideas?

Hello

I have a puffer and a few days after I introduced him to my tank, I had to do a fresh water dip. He didn't seem to be stressed about it at all. I have been told that the gold Band Butterfly fish will eat all those bad things on the live rock. I have live rock and have not had a problem, but I have a butterfly fish also. Might be worth checking into. I was told not to dip my puffer for longer than 5 minutes, tops.

*sigh* i tried to atempt a fresh water dip and had him outta the water only a SECOND and he puffed up with air =( it was aweful! not only did he have air stuck in him, i didnt get to do the dip! so the Pod is still there.

i held him w/ his nose pointing up and tried to get him to burp some of it out, he did, but i think there might be a little more in there.. i think hes mad at me now=(
im never doing it again.. that or i need to change my method of catching him..

im so mad=(

maybe ill try that band butterfly..

Back
Top Bottom