It is the "twilight zone" in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Oh my, where to start. My red sea prizm skimmer broke down about 2 months ago, leading to an influx of cyano and green hair algae. I got a new skimmer which works much better (aqua c remora) but the cyano and the hair algae continue.

I got a new hydrometer because my 3 year old broke mine. It is an "instant ocean" brand and gave me a reading of 1.028, where my old one read 1.026. Thinking I was better off a little lower I changed my salinity slowly down to 1.026 with the new hydrometer.

Over the past 2 weeks, my bubble has stopped opening as widely and my leather will not extend its polyps. The bubble is about 6 months old and was doing great. The leather is fairly new (2 months), but was also doing well and attached itself quickly into its location.

Now it gets weirder. The rock that the bubble was on moved slightly, so I rearranged it. Some aptasia started to grow from the rock. (I think it is getting light now in an area where it previously was not). I have zapped it with lemon juice, we will see if that works. The aptasia may have bothered the bubble slightly so I moved it. One of my tank raised perc's has mysteriously disappeared into thin air. The most aggressive fish I have is a yellow tang, so I know it was not eaten. It was not sick, because it ate just fine that day! What in the world is going on!!!!!

:x
All of my parameters are good except nitrates are 5mg/L which is usually 3 or 4. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom