Its his fault

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taran

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well. He brought hime a bubble tip anemone that i have been wanting for years. He kept moving it and this afternoon it was flipped upside down from the wrasse.

Here is what we got. Will she die? I took out 5gal and replaced and gave the tank a trace minerals dash.

image-2153939573.jpg

image-4191530874.jpg

She is hanging off a thread

Well. He brought hime a bubble tip anemone that i have been wanting for years. He kept moving it and this afternoon it was flipped upside down from the wrasse.

Here is what we got. Will she die? I took out 5gal and replaced and gave the tank a trace minerals dash.

She is hanging off a thread

I'm not a nem expert put you can put it back in the rock. It will move where it wants. It doesn't look dead.

Yes, you can't move it and you certainly can't if its foot is attached. Damage to the foot will lead to its demise. It will move around until its found the place it likes best, might not be the place you like best tho! When I first got mine it faced the back wall for 4 months...

Yes, you can't move it and you certainly can't if its foot is attached. Damage to the foot will lead to its demise. It will move around until its found the place it likes best, might not be the place you like best tho! When I first got mine it faced the back wall for 4 months...

Well its mouth was WIDE open. The foot feels hard it all seems rough and firm.

I'm sorry. Yes if it's attached then you don't wanna injure the foot. You try to very carefully coax it off. But If its not gonna budge then leave it. It will realize there's a better place and move.

They can take time to settle in. Mouth wide open isn't a great sign but it could also be expelling waste! How did you acclimate?

Oh dear, I am afraid no amounts of t8's are going to satisfy an anemone. Were you thinking of upgrading in the future? I had a nem under 4 x t5 and it still wasn't enough! For a 55g (same as mine) 6 x t5 set up would work, otherwise go down the LED route :)

Oh dear, I am afraid no amounts of t8's are going to satisfy an anemone. Were you thinking of upgrading in the future? I had a nem under 4 x t5 and it still wasn't enough! For a 55g (same as mine) 6 x t5 set up would work, otherwise go down the LED route :)

I have led and T8's

Its normal I believe, expelling waste. Its a tough process, you should see the strings mine would shoot out. It looks like a very tough process, give him a day or two more to pop back to life. Mine did this about 5 days after mysis feedings.

Oh apologies, most people say when they have the led/t8 combo the LEDs are just the blue lights or moonlight which aren't very beneficial...

Hi there, it would help if you have us full water parameters.
Nems need a mature and stable tank, 1 year and older.
You say your has been running 2 year so should be fine there.
Might be lighting, t8s give off little usable light and you say you have LEDs, which led lights have you got and what wattage are they ?

New nems tend to roam around to find their sweet spot (I have seen nems go in some wierd places) and where they feel comfortable, lighting, flow ect.

Hi there, it would help if you have us full water parameters.
Nems need a mature and stable tank, 1 year and older.
You say your has been running 2 year so should be fine there.
Might be lighting, t8s give off little usable light and you say you have LEDs, which led lights have you got and what wattage are they ?

New nems tend to roam around to find their sweet spot (I have seen nems go in some wierd places) and where they feel comfortable, lighting, flow ect.

image-3903759391.jpg

Here

image-4123872465.jpg

Look:

image-2330614804.jpg

That doesn't look healthy, I have 3 very similar nems and should look like this !

Attachments

• image-1993000765.jpg
    image-1993000765.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 115
Ok so you have a 2 bulb t5 fixture and a marineland led fixture. It might live but that is pretty low. It does not look good but all you can do is wait and see.

Ok so you have a 2 bulb t5 fixture and a marineland led fixture. It might live but that is pretty low. It does not look good but all you can do is wait and see.

Ok. We are looking at another t5 tube tomorrow. We really like the led. The shimmer is gorgeous

Back
Top Bottom