**** It's Hot - Sick Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all,
Here in Aus we get some freakin' hot days. I was on a weekend away when we got a nasty one followed by another warm one. Water temperature upon return was above 34C. I lost two leather toadstools and my Hammer is looking a bit sad. Will keep you all posted but just wondering how well the Hammer will come back? I've read that its fairly tough and should be fine, just really don't wanna lose it (cost me $65AUD and is an absolute beauty).

Sorry about the title it says d-a-m-n but that's unallowed. My apologies everyone. I can't change it.

I feel you. 43c in Melbourne today and my tank go to about 27.7c.

Not as bad as 34c but all i do is either open where my sump and light is and just run a fan through it. Or put ice in your sump.
My tank sits at about 25.5c normally, So a 2c isnt to bad of a jump, Luckily i havent lost anything.
Good luck to you, try turning your heater down to about 24.7.
Your hammer may come back, I thought Leathers were abit more hardy then that.

Yeah one leather was brand new so it was still adjusting so that probably took it's toll on it and the other had been on and off for ages.

Oh really. Bad luck. My tank didnt drop at all last night in temp, Stayed @ 27.5c all night. But in the morning i put Frozen bottles of water in the sump and got it down to 26c.
Lucky i havent lost anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom