I've never had a cloudy tank until now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've never had a cloudy tank until now. Let me explain what I'm doing. I recently redid my sump into 3 chambers and the first one housed my protein skimmer the second I built for a refugium and the third is my return pump and media reactor. In my homemade reactor I'm running Swc extreme products no3 po4 reduction bio media. Yesterday I noticed it was too much in my 3rd chamber they were sucking more water then the chamber was getting, also I read that the media reactor should be in the same area as the protein skimmer so I over it to the first chamber. Now today when I came home I noticed my tank was cloudy. Any ideas? Oh yeah I also started vodka dosing. Please help

Stop the vodka dosing until you are more familiar with your tank and what you are doing. Cloudy probably a bacterial bloom from the vodka.

Oh okay I didn't know anything that would happen from the vodka dosing. I didn't dose tonight I hope it goes clear ty if it works lol

Back
Top Bottom