Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RICH305

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok today I hit up my lfs and picked up a jaw fish he looked regular in the lfs I brought him home letthe bag sit in the the water for temp and added a fee shots of my water in the bag and repeated that for about 3 time I let him in my water and he just went straight to the floor and layed there!! And ideas what's wrong has this ever happened to you guys?

Attachments

• image-2396964724.jpg
    image-2396964724.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2013813752.jpg
    image-2013813752.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 139
How long did you acclimate him for in total time? I tend to do it for at least an hour, sometimes two.

It was for about a hour I have never had this problem before

Some places will take them back, but usually no. Check with the lfs that you bought it at, ask them what you should do.

Honestly, the fish looks unhealthy in the net. Very thin. Did you see it eat? Also, I would have acclimated much longer. But I think the fish was sick to begin with.

Yea when he was at the store the fish looked real happy even in the bag on the way home once I put my water in te bag he started acting a lil strange

You can use an airline hose with a siphon from your tank down to your acclimation bucket or pail. You tie a knot in the tubing and adjust how many drops of water fall into the bucket. :)

I must of been real lucky I did all my other fish just like than and never had a problem even when I first started this hobby I would let the bag sit in the water for 15 min and then throw the fish in!

Back
Top Bottom