Jumper Clown- Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was checking out my 125g and making sure all was well with the new tomini in there when I just happened to look to the right on the floor. There behind my tv a bit ws my large osceallris clown. I scooped him back up best i could with a net and put him back in. He was on the sandbed for maybe 20 seconds then went back to her mate and looking ok. BUT he is covered is dirt and dust from behind my tv.

What do I do? Should i just not worry since she seems ok? Or should I do something about the dust on her body? QT her in the 55g? I don't knwo what to do...

help.....please....

Howd she get out? And how long was she out? Id qt her once she feels less tramatized but im def no expert haha

I have no idea how long she was out, I run an open top so she musta just flipped over the rim. She was flapping on the floor when I saw her, it was total luck I happened to look down when I did. My heart just sunk when I saw her. :-(

she seems to be swimming normally and other than thedust that is still hanging on her she looks ok. I put a cookie sheet over the section of the tank where the clowns hang out so maybe she won't end up on the floor is she jumps again.

Anyone ever scoop a fish off the floor and have a good result?

As long as they are wet they are ok. It is bad if they dry out quickly. At least that is how it was for my FB Toads :/ I'm sorry to hear about your clown. Hope she is ok!

I am also sorry about your clown. It is a good thing you found her though! What I have on one of my tanks in some parts is a clear fabric thing with little holes in it.

Thing is this is my first jumping experience and the last ones I expected to pergo surf was a clown. I;m sure it has to do with the tomini tang Ijust put in but now I have two fish to worry about. **sigh** I hope the clown is ok if she's fine by morning I think I'll worry alot less.

Thing is this is my first jumping experience and the last ones I expected to pergo surf was a clown. I;m sure it has to do with the tomini tang Ijust put in but now I have two fish to worry about. **sigh** I hope the clown is ok if she's fine by morning I think I'll worry alot less.

This reminded me of a time when I had a crayfish and he escaped. The aquarium was on my desk (my 20 gallon FW) and apparently the crayfish had gotten out where you hang the filter, and fell off of my desk. He walked down the hallway too, and I found him in the morning. He was put back in the tank and was fine.

LOL. That's funny. back when I first started keeping fw fish in the 80's I kept eels. Never could figure out where they went though. I didn't always find them. Kinda creepy who knows where and how far they got?

LOL. That's funny. back when I first started keeping fw fish in the 80's I kept eels. Never could figure out where they went though. I didn't always find them. Kinda creepy who knows where and how far they got?

Hmmm, secretive eels...... Your story about the eels made me think of yet another story :lol:. I don't remember who it was, but I remember someone telling me that one day their iguana escaped and they couldn't find it. Guess what they found about a year later??? The Iguana. Apparently it had been living off bugs he found in the basement. No lie, I found this story hard to believe when I heard it, but it is true.......I have too many stories LOL.

Hahah ya that is.. Once i lost a lizard in the car... Anyways!! Haha why you keep an open top? Is it beneficial for the fish?

Oh ya im paranoid abt jumpin fish, its happenes through tiny cracks before

The clown seems as good as new. :) thankfully. I totally freaked when I saw him on the floor. My b/f keeps telling me how lucky I was. It was the nasty female clown that he picked out. Lol

Thanks for the well wishes hopefully I wont have any more jumpers.

carey said:
The clown seems as good as new. :) thankfully. I totally freaked when I saw him on the floor. My b/f keeps telling me how lucky I was. It was the nasty female clown that he picked out. Lol

Thanks for the well wishes hopefully I wont have any more jumpers.

Yep, I agree, the tang might have just given him a slight freight at first like you were saying. It is great that everything is going well.

I grew up on a farm; Our across the street neighbor lost his iguana. We found it 6 months later, 2 acres away in one of our orange trees, when I was climbing it. In the time it was lost it grew considerably. Same can be said about a king snake we hd when we moved to dwntown sacramento. King snake disaperred from its cage, several months later it was found in the next door neighbors basement. Lol
(Back on track:) my juvi clowns sometimes will get pushed around by my emperor angel and end up in the top sections of corners and near the filters and I've seen the emperor (being jealous of the clown fish getting more attention from me) charge the clowns which results in the clowns jumping out of water. So its very plausible the tang was being a little to aggresive

Back
Top Bottom