Just got 40 lbs from liverocks.com!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my order from liverocks.com. The rock is excellent quality. I found a few ugly looking crabs including one huge red one that seemed to be dead. I tried to get all those suckers off the rocks before I added them to my tank. Now I just need about 20 lbs more LR and I'm all set! :)

Check out my tank with the new rock at www.myreeftank.us

JW

Nice rock.. you just got it today and you added it right to the ank?! 8O

Start testing your water daily and be prepaired for a large water change if you get a serious ammonia spike which could be VERY likely adding that much shipped rock.

Read this our article, Curing Live Rock? I didn't even know it was sick!! for some more information on why.

LR.com Rock? Not likely! That stuff ships pristine. Kep an eye on your ammo and be prepared, but I bet you don't see anything of any significance. How did the rock look when you got it? Still nice and colorful? My rock didn't budge my readings at all.

Looks good! Enjoy all the stuff you didn't find over the next few days (months?!)!

Well the tank was only set up like less than a week ago. There's only a few damsels in there.

I'm jealous. I'm still cycling and haven't even seen nitrites yet. I cleaned the foam cover on my return pump and now the tank is full of cloudy water again - I gues when I added sand two days ago the chamber where the pump is filled with silt, which got sucked back through a few minutes ago.

Oh well, live and learn. THank goodness there's nothing other than the rotting corpse of what would have been my shrimp dinner in there.

I have those same corals that came on my LR. Any idea what they are?
Here's the pic for reference:
55gal5.jpg

Got Thursday off. I'm finally ordering my 240 pounds tomorrow. Sure hope they can ship it out tomorrow.

get a pepermint shrimp. Mine love the small aiptasia. So does my butterfly. I think she muches on them from time to time when they appear.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom