keeping new fish alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badboy4utoknow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a problem with fish that are not hardy they never survive in my tank i test my water all the time and i have a protinskimer i have the top of the line turbo twist uvray light live rock 210tank plumed form sump have a sump to match strong[moderator edit]pump bio balls everything u can think of but when i put in some fish they dye of ick just lost a adult ep angel i love that fish but it got lck and then dyed and befor that i had a powder blue tang that dyed naso tang that dyed im runing out of money to keep puting fish in that i love can anyone tell me what the [moderator edit] im doing wrong thanx tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
210 gallons or 210 liters? Also what is in the tank with these fish? And what are you testing for, what are the levels, etc. What kind of water are you using for your tank's water changes? What are you feeding? And how old is your tank?

Have you quaranteed your display tank,it needs to be empty for 8 weeks to kill off ick parasite,plus as mentioned all water parameters please.

it is a saltwater tank and im testing my nitrite's that's 0 ppm ammonia read's 0 ppm p.h.8.2 and nitrate are 0 ppm my salinity is at 1.22 but i think my temperature is at 82 im not sure but i think its to high what do u think well i have 1 unicorn tang, 1 hippo tang, 1 sailfin tang, 1 purple tang, 1 maroon clown, 1 majestic angel, 1 bicolor angel, 1 domino damsol, 1 harleqvin tusk, 1 split banded cardinalfish, 1 cleaner shrimp, 10 sea snails, 1 anemone and there all doing very good and had them for about 1 year is it that these fish are very hardy dont know maybe my temperature is to high i dont know please help thank u

Temp is a little high. Everything else looks good. The only two things I can think of are

1. Did all the fish come from the same supplier? Might be an issue with the supplier depending on how long they were in your tank.

2. You have a couple of fish in there that tend to develop some dominance and aggression issues with similar species or conspecifics. Have one or two of the established fish been picking or bullying the new guys?

Just a couple of suggestions.

yea my majestic angel is a bully sometime's and i go store to store looking for deals on fish i like. so tell me what should i have the temperature on and do u think that the problem is the dominant majestic angel is stressing every new fish out to where the fish gets sick and gets ick

go with around 77-78, how are you acclimatising them,if it is due to bullying then maybe rearrange some of the rock work just before adding any more fish.Another way maybe to add a large breeder tank into your display and put the new fish in it so they can all see each other but cant touch each other for a while?

i moved the rock around be for putting new fish in but a breeder tank sounds like a good idea thanx i think that is the best idea ive ever heard hey thanx a lot david s im ganna try that out

Back
Top Bottom