Kenya Tree Coral not looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this tree coral for several months and it's been doing great. I noticed about 5-6 days ago it wasn't really expanding (for a lack of better terms) like it normally had. I do have a torch coral near it....could it be that it was stung? All of the other corals are doing great. I'm not sure what happened. I've been doing my 20% pwc every week and monitoring levels and everything is kosher. Suggestions??
img_768984_0_5e0696ec7680ce202664cfcdcd3773b8.jpg

A torch coral near it could very well be the reason. You could try moving one or the other. I love them orange sun polyps in the pic.

very nice looking corals

Thank you! I'm amazed at some of the corals folks have posted in this forum...absolutely beautiful.

I've moved the torch coral over some and I don't think they'll be in contact. I am worried...the tree coral has gotten darker in the main truck but I'm just going to watch him over the next few days (thanks weemanpow3)

Thanks very much for your help (and encouragement)!

Torch corals have sweeper tentacles that extend out several inches and can sting other corals

And I couldn't believe how long those tentacles could extend! Thanks very much for the articles-they are great! I like the torch coral but I have a buddy that is starting a new saltwater tank so I might give it to her and take care of the problem once and for all.

Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom