Kenya tree coral sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottieandhelen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any advice would be helpful. I ve had a rough time starting back into the hobby. My Kenya tree has been doing done till two days ago it won't fully open up but the other two frags I have off the same coral are doing fine. And it seems like I can't get rid of the iCh in my DT. Any suggestions?

Your water parameters would be a big help as then we can tell if its that. Also a picture is very helpful. Ive kept Kenya tree for many years and at times they just dont open while the one next to them is wide open and happy. Does not mean your coral is sick/unhappy. Also what lighting do you have, where is the coral placed in the tank, and are there other corals in close proximity to it?

You were right it just closed up for a few days is open and happy again. I ve been using test strips to check water. But they say everything is in check 8.1 - 8.3 ph nitrate and nitrites are within range. I m still fighting brown algae I can't seem to shake it. Could part of my problem be no protein skimmer? Only two of my fish have iCh one of them seems immune he never gets its

Also I have no other corals at this time only 3 frags of Kenya tree I am running 1 t5 10,000 and one blue atinic

Thanks for the advice. Mr X I love your tanks those are nice. I broke down today and bought a UV sterilizer got a new pin needle protein skimmer too.

Back
Top Bottom