Kenya tree stayed shrunk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Albindia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys - my Kenya tree stayed retracted today, any cause for concern??

Attachments

• image-2104290687.jpg
    image-2104290687.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 146
I have 2 in my tank..they go through phases like this. Anytime something is changed or moved near it, they tend to do this. Mine has stayed like this for a week or so, them a few days later, back to normal. As long as it comes back, I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep your parameters in check, and you should be fine.

Thanks bud - sounds like a plan. Is the growth on the base coming off to the right the Kenya trying to spread??

Lights are turning off - this guy is getting the smallest ive ever seen him. Is this ok??

Attachments

• image-1695037829.jpg
    image-1695037829.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 121
Mine looks EXACTLY like that! Shriveled up and all. It just goes through phases I'm assuming. Everything in my tank seems to be doing fine. Other than my Duncan ( I started a thread today), I have no issues with anything in my tank. Mushrooms are expanding, Xenia's are growing rapidly, Green Star polyps are also growing very well. For whatever reason, the Kenya tree and the Duncan are on their own program. I'm not concerned too much. I'll suggest to you that you monitor it, and wait a few days (appx 5) for it to "wake up". Good luck

Kenya tree still struggling - anyone else seen this before??

I have had NO luck growing or even keeping alive Kenya trees or Xenia. I buy frags and within 4 or 5 days they shrivel up and evenually just go away.

Update - Kenya tree is back in action!

Attachments

• image-984659157.jpg
    image-984659157.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom