Kick Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tomato clown just got ich yesterday , so I ran to the store and they had an item called Kick Ich which is said to cure ich with out hurting corals,inverts,etc so has anyone used this? plus i've been reading that garlic helps fishes with ich ? TIA

You'll get dif. opinions on that product but the majority will say it won't work. My dad's friend said it worked in his tank. Meanwhile, lots of others said they're tried it before and it didn't work. Im not really sure if it works or not as im a beginner also but the best way to treat ich is to QT the infected fishes then treat them with hypo or copper. Yes it sounds like alot of work setting up another tank just to treat diseases but that'll be the majority of the advices u'll get. Another way to treat ich, in which u won't have to take the fishes out, set up a new tank and other tidious stuff, is to combine lots of other weaker methods together but it's not 100% guaranteed that it's gonna work.

3 weaker methods that should use together:

1. Garlic soak fish food
2. Cleaner shrimp
3. Kick ich

Im sure there are more ways to combine with these 3 methods but those are the only 3 i could think of right now. Remember tho, the best way is still to QT the fishes and treat them with hypo or copper.

HTH

I wouldnt treat my reef with anything but PWCS, carbon, nitrate removers, or fiji gold calcium supplement.

I would try the garlic soak fish food and keep the water quality high before trying to remove a fish and setting up a QT and all of that IMO.

PWC and garlic will help a help fight off an infection or parasite. It is not a cure. The next time water parameters are off a little or a fish gets stressed you will have another Ich outbreak.

FW dips are also not a cure. They actually stress the fish more than it already is. The parasites are embedded too deep for all of them to be removed by a FW dip. Some may drop off but not all.

Treatment in a QT for 6-8 weeks of ALL fish, while leaving the main tank without any fish is the only cure. The Ich parasite has a lifespan of about 4 weeks. The main tank could remain infected unless all fish are removed for a period of at least 4 weeks. Six weeks is better.

I added kick ich and the clown looks better and comes out instead of hiding so hopefully this is a good sign :eek:

Back
Top Bottom