kids today.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykpoz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Whats with todays kids... I mean fish? So I have had a few fish in the QT tank, they are going on 3 weeks, and are eating happily.

I come home from work, and dinner and go to feed the new guys.

I feed them, the shrimp goby, and clowns immediately come up and snatch food from my hand and the surface and pig out...

I notice the HOB filter isn't running, "wow thats strange" I think... and try to find the Lawn Mower blenny he is no where to be found..

but I have bigger problems... the filter isn't working, so I go to take it out and clean it.

This is where I realize that someone has shown or explained to the new fish about finding nemo...

someone gave the LMB the idea that he/she/it could swim up the intake tube and jam the impeller. That it would get dirty and I would be forced to take them out etc etc... we all know how the story goes...

I will be the first to let you know that it works.. unfortunately, it had happened a while ago, and the LMB was certainly dead.

so somewhere between 10am and 8pm the fish nocked off the strainer grill on the intake of the filter and decided to swim up there to cloudy
the tank and get them xfered over to the lush surroundings of the main tank...

:(

tomorrow is another day

now I just think I have some thrill seeking fish...

the first a sleeper gobie, somehow managed to jump through the canopy and eggcrate to feel what the fuss over carpet was...

while the LMB decided to do a bit of amateur plumbing...

/sigh

anyone else have some weird stories, besides Brenden's story about his fish being so fed up with brine that they throw themselves into the side of the tank?

Very similar when I first started my SW our O clown was missing from our 20g QT. After an exhausting search my kids actually found it swimming around in the back of my HOB 250 skilter. They thought it was the funniest thing since they had recently seen the movie. Of course it was promptly named Nemo. :lol:

Sorry about your loss though and good luck with the rest of the QT process.

I feel your pain. I am about to loose my patience with my QT's and dump the fish in the main and hope for the best.

I was almost to that point

I keep repeating to myself "paitence is key, paitence is key"

I am waiting for the wife to hit me thinking I'm a skipping record

nothing like that but i have a bored trigger he plays with a lure witch i took all the metal of so that it was only a cork he puls it 2 the bottom of the tank then chases it back 2 the top so i brought him sum floatin fish toys he likes

so now the next salvo of QT is...

firefish
LMB v. 2.0
sixliner

after those 3 my 75g will have the following...

1 yellow tang
2 perc clowns
1 shrimp goby
1 jawfish
1 firefish
1 lmb
1 sixliner

would I be safe adding any other fish I am thinking a few small ones would be ok, but I think I am getting close to max if I am not there already... but maybe 2-4 chromis.

Back
Top Bottom