Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Kole tang not eating in Hospital Tank

I have 2 small clowns, a yellow watchman goby, a very small yellow tang, and a kole tang in a 20L hospital tank due to ich. I only saw spots on the yellow once, but saw him flashing several times without spots. I never saw spots on either clown, but one of them was flashing as well. The only fish I saw spots on was the Kole tang, and he was flashing heavily.

So I've got them in the hospital tank, start of day 3 now (4/7/11), I filled it up with water from the DT and began treating with coppersafe, I have done 25% water changes daily so far, and the clowns will nibble at the food I offer, and I saw the yellow tang eat a FEW bites, not much at all. But the kole just sits in the PVC elbow looking dazed and confused. He looks healthy except for the ich (good coloration, normal breathing) and I can't help but feel like the only reason he isn't eating is because of the stress of being in the mostly bare tank.

The hospital tank is equipped with a heater, small powerhead, and a homemade sponge filter (PVC with drilled holes for the sponge, large block of filter media cut with the PVC wedged inside it, and an air pump).

I'm thinking about going to pick up an aquaclear power filter and some garlic. Does anyone have any other tips/recommendations?
tjm80 is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eating, hospital tank, not eating, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com