kole tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darron863

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i bought a kole tang about 2 weeks ago and about three days ago i noticed that i looks like the little diamond shaped thing that all tangs have on there sides one side back by the tail looks like it is coming of or bubbling up and bruised he is eating fine and is out and swimming fine i got him for my LFS where the owner had him in the display tank for over 6 mths.dripped him for 2 + hrs is it possible he just scraped his one side on a rock cant get a clear pic due to his colors

sorry thats the best i can describe

It almost does sound like trauma to the area. Keep a close eye on him and keep water in pristine condition. The reason is so he does not get a secondary infection.

thats what i thought is there anything i can do to help prevent infection some (neosporin mabee) haha i realy like him and dont wont to lose him

From what I`ve seen the best thing you can do is frequent PWC`s and make your tank water the best it can be. Can you post some water test results?

Temp-77.6
Nitrate->5
Nitrites->5
Phos-less than 0.2
Ph 8.2

my alk and cal must not be working showing almost 0 on alk and off the charts on cal its been time for a new test kit ill get one today

Nitrites need to be at 0. What was your ammonia? If these two are not at 0 then it will stress the fish out and make it hard to heal. Do some frequent 25% PWC`s.

I agree, those nitrItes need to be at 0. You can also start soaking their frozen in garlic guard, to help boost their immune systems.

ok got new test kit kis side looks a little better today less bulky i quess you would say and he is still eating like a pig.

Ammonia - 0
Ph - 8.4
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
Alkalinity - 3.5
Calcium - 420
Salinity - 1.025
Phos-low >0.2

Ok keep it like that with weekly PWC`s for a few weeks and it should heal on it`s own. If you see it getting infected then you`ll need to QT him and treat with anti-biotic.

just a update he is all better now it seems that he must have backed into a rock and got one of his barbs stuck out he is doing fine now
thank you alot for all the input

Back
Top Bottom