Kole tang will not eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtoneil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
He was aclimated into my tank about two weeks ago and has just gotten over an outbreak of ick(about a week ago). He is very social and seems to be acting fine but does not eat brine, ocean nutrition #2 or seaweed selects. I even bought some live rock with leafy green and red alge but he doesnt touch that either. Im running out of ideas.

He is in a 130 gallon tank with 2 tomato clowns, 1 smaller yellow tang and a smaller lion fish. The fish do not fight at all and no one shows signs of stress or any nipped fins.

I may be worried over nothing and he may still need time to get over his parisite outbreak but I was looking for suggestions.....

Thanks
John

If the fish just got over ich I hope you are treating all of your fish with either a copper solution or hyposalinity. Ich does not go away on its own, it must be treated and the main should be left fallow for 6 weeks. This could be the reason your tang is not eating. The ich is still very much on him whether you can see it or not.

Btw I'm new to saltwater and this was my first outbreak of ick. Unfortunatly I treated my tank with copper(without lr in tank) after it was suggested by my lfs. I am now running carbon in my fluval and I've done 2 water changed with 30 gallons of ro in last 2 weeks to remove as much carbon as possible. I assume the carbon level is low because my turbo snails or the rest of my clean up crew have not been affected.

John

I agree with JohnNLuc, you need to treat all your fish properly.

As for him not eating, you may try soaking your food in Seachem's Entice. Also you may try Seachem's Garlic Guard. Both are for finichy eaters.

Back
Top Bottom