Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
koran angel all but stopped eating

I have a 55 gal salt water tank that was up and running for just over 1 year. About 4 months ago i lost all my fish to, i think, velvet disease. i cycled the tank and about a month ago i started with a blue koran angel about 2" in length. all seemed well until 3 days ago my angel stopped eating, well only eats a very little bit, i generally feed small portions 2x per day. all levels are within parameters and tank looks good. there may be little white pits forming around the mouth of the angel, i have been watching this and am not really sure if it is developing or not. The angel is active and swimming normally. i use a biowheel filter system. is there something i should do? also i am not sure if i need to have bubbles flowing in the tank, i never have before.

If all is well with the tank i will be adding a clown trigger and then maybe a tang, i would lik 1 more fish and would appreciate a suggestion as to what i should choose and the order i should put them in.

thanks for your reply

eyeappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to Gauge Send a message via Yahoo to Gauge
What are you feeding with?

Have you tried using Garlic Xtreme yet?

- Gauge

92-gallon corner tank, 100lbs of LR, 140lbs of sand, 250watt 10,000K MH, 110watts of actinic PCs, Mag 7 return, custom refugium, AquaC EV180 w/ Mag 5

Female lyretail anthias, eyelash blenny, tomato clown, saddleback clown, firefish goby, 2 sand-sifting stars
Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
You do not need a "bubbler" for the tank, just good surface aggitation via PH. It's the movement of surface water that oxygenates the tank.

What are your water specs? NH3, NO2, NO3, ph and the like. It could be a water quality issue somewhere along the line.

For additional fish, I would suggest you opt for a few smaller growing species instead of the tang and trigger. The Koran is a very large growing fish and the addition of two more would cause a fair amount of aggression.

angel, eat, eating, stopped eating

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com