Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My fav zebra crab disappeared for about a month (I know..Fav crab??, but still ) I was cleaning the tank top to bottom one weekend and low and behold, I found the little sucker in my over flow box. He must have climbed onto the grate that covers it, somehow latched onto the tube and hauled himself over the edge and *splash*, Houston, we have a problem..I pulled him out and he was eating like a mad bandit for a couple days. Its good to have him back, but in his case, he simply used the saftey feature to help himself to what I am sure he thought was greener grass ; ) Sometimes, it don't matter what you do, they are a little too smart for their own captive selves ; )

Sorry he died, but try again!

To fail to plan is to plan to fail.
MarineFlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:10 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
nice i need a screen also

10 galllon empty tank with a whisper filter
20 gal SW tank, penguin 330 bio-wheel, redsea berlin airlift protein skimmer, 22 lbs of LR, White sand,
29 gal FW tank, undergravel filter, jaguar, jack dempsey, tiger oscar... few silver dollars, one ugly gourami...
adam_keene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have all my intakes covered with plastic netting (onion bags, orange bags, pond netting eg.) Fold it a couple or three times (make the openings as small as you need)and rubber-band it on. Works like a charm!
dianeww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:45 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
I lost a Lawnmower Blenny and a Chromie the same way.
"Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly." -Batman Costume warning label
Mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #15
Originally Posted by tee78
Originally Posted by Rsquared333
Is the foam adaptor a manufactrued product or did you diy. I am going to get MJ's and don't want to have that happen.
It actually comes with it. I just never thought about putting it on.

I was looking here:

Does it come with it or are those replacements?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com