Lawnmower Blenny committed suicide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tee78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
From the Chicago Burbs, stationed in Okinawa, Japa
I was looking at my tank last night, and I couldn't find my blenny. I look at the intake of my MJ1200, and I see 1/4 of his body inside, head first. I turned it off, and I noticed everything was still intact, but I guess he died from stress. He liked to hang around the MJ1200. I put the foam adaptor thing on the MJ, so that this never happens again. I have a clown small enough to get grinded up by the MJ. Another lesson learned from a mistake.

I had a scooter blenny that went the same route.

too little too late. So sorry for your loss, just be glad you have taken measures to protect your small clown

that lawnmower must have watch too much finding nemo, i am really sad to hear your blenny went the same route. :cry:

Sorry for your loss :( . They are a much tougher fish than advertised to keep.

Is the foam adaptor a manufactrued product or did you diy. I am going to get MJ's and don't want to have that happen.

I'm losing count, but my lawnmower blenny has gone into the first siphon overflow chamber at least 8 times now in the 6 weeks since I've had him.

There's a screen that prevents him from going further into the siphon, but it is a real pain getting him out of there.

My fav zebra crab disappeared for about a month (I know..Fav crab??, but still ) I was cleaning the tank top to bottom one weekend and low and behold, I found the little sucker in my over flow box. He must have climbed onto the grate that covers it, somehow latched onto the tube and hauled himself over the edge and *splash*, Houston, we have a problem..I pulled him out and he was eating like a mad bandit for a couple days. Its good to have him back, but in his case, he simply used the saftey feature to help himself to what I am sure he thought was greener grass ; ) Sometimes, it don't matter what you do, they are a little too smart for their own captive selves ; )

Sorry he died, but try again!

I have all my intakes covered with plastic netting (onion bags, orange bags, pond netting eg.) Fold it a couple or three times (make the openings as small as you need)and rubber-band it on. Works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom