Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
is back to save the day!

Hmm.. good to know. I guess some fish don't really have preferences.. sorta like clowns.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:50 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Really sucks man. I wish I knew. My roommate said he'd been watching him the last few days and said he didn't seem to unnormal or anything. But I even showed him that he wouldn't eat ANYTHING I tried giving him

Old 08-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
not since day one? what else do you have in the tank, and what are your water parameters? have you ever gotten a shock when you put your hand in the water? how about in bare feet?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Did you try nori tied to a rock or a clip. I've always seen them go after that. Mine also didn't touch anything but algae till it carpet surfed.

Did you notice it getting thinner recently?
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
not since day one? what else do you have in the tank, and what are your water parameters? have you ever gotten a shock when you put your hand in the water? how about in bare feet?
Nope. Never tried to eat anything. Sorry I couldn't tell you my parameters just yet. Our local shop just moved and now the closest one is about 30 minutes away and I don't have a test kit right now. Never gotten a shock either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor1701d View Post
Did you try nori tied to a rock or a clip. I've always seen them go after that. Mine also didn't touch anything but algae till it carpet surfed.

Did you notice it getting thinner recently?
Hmm. I'll look into that. I feel really bad about the situation. I couldn't honestly tell til I took him out but he did seem to be a bit thinner?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm gonna go tomorrow and drive out to the other fish shop and get everything I need. I'll get the parameters put in here tomorrow. Btw. I know most of you don't know my set up but it's very basic. Hang on marineland duel filter and a very cheap protein skimmer. When I bought the tank set up it was about 5 years old but when I bought it it had a cheap hang on filter from basically Wal mart and the light set up looked like it came from Wal mart as well. I upgraded both and that made a difference. (for the good).
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
what size tank? what other fish do you have?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

55 gallon. Fox face fish, 2 clown fish, 1 brown scopas tang and a purple firefish goby. They got along real well. I was suprised to see even my clown fish let the blenny sit with in just an inch or so of them and they didn't freak out. Only skiddish fish I have is the goby. He's such a scaredy cat he won't even go to the top of the tank to get food unless the other fish aren't around him. But none of them messed with the blenny

Tags
blenny, die, died

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com