Lawnmower Blenny not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a lawnmower Blenny that is really shy. Whenever I come by the tank he always tends to hide. I put nori but I'm not sure if he is eating it. I put it in there and it always disappears. I know my fish eat some of it. My pistol shrimp can also get it. What can I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

is nori the only thing your feeding him ?
even though there listed as a herbivore they will eat meaty things too ...
I feed mine frozen mysiss , shrimp pellets , broccoli tips ect they get bored of eating just 1 type of food , same with all the other fish you may have
a fat blennie is a happy blennie

I don't really see any illness. Although I barely see him. I only see him hiding right under the rock. I also feed mysis shrimp and omnivore pellets

Thing is that I don't see him eating the shrimp. He just hides in the rock

I do remember when I had my smaller tank my guy hide a lot to , than once I got a bigger tank he is all over , think it was because he felt over whelmed by the other fish
also if he is a new edition he needs time to get used to you and his new surroundings
mine will eat from my hand now

That can be said with many fish. The lawnmower likes to play the roll of a rock. Sometimes don't see him eat.
Even my marine beta is rarely seen, even during feeding time. But it is not only still alive but growing. So I'm sure it's eating something.

Hopefully the Blenny can survive off the algae in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom