Leather/coral/anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hart62

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 45g tank with T5 lighting. Ph 8, Salinity 1.024, nitrites 0, nitrates 0, amonia 0. Checked Mg, Ca, KH for the first time yesterday, I don't remember the numbers but all were in range with the acception of the Mg, it was low. How do I raise it up? Also, my toadstool leather I have had for a month now has gone from standing tall and extending its hairs in the flow to shrinking down and smooth. Is this normal or is there an issue with my water that I am not identifying? In this tank I have 2 anemones (that are full and flowy most of the time but then others shrivel up to threads then fill out again), a brain coral, a mushroom (full and flat at times and folded at others, too much flow maybe), a star polyp, duncans, zoo's, another water melon coral that I can't remember the name of (mouth shaped), cabbage and a goniapora. I have a brittle star, 3 shrimp, snails, hermits, 3 Longspine Urchins, 1 Purple Urchin, Asternia starfish (2 babies so far). Everything else seems to be doing fine. I just started dosing with iodide yesterday but have been using fuel and feeding zoo and phyto plankton. Changes: I had an Ich outbreak so after losing my Flame Angel and Kole Tang I QT'd the Hippo Tang, Asfur Angel and SailFin Tang but I left the clowns. I had put a UV Sterilzer on the DT to help rid it of Ich (it has since been removed).

I realize that sounds like a lot of fish but with the exception of the Asfur Angel they are all small and I have a 125g cycling to move them into.

What am I missing?
:banghead:

Husband to the rescue, the Mg was 1200, the Ca was 500 and the Kh was 8.4.

If the leather does not look like it melting, it's shedding its skin and growing. Be sure you have flow on it And you need a bigger tank for the tangs. Mine tangs are only 3 years old and almost 6in in a 310gal

So what about the water parameters? Do we need to make any changes?

Back
Top Bottom