leather coral leaning over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christopherkath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a leather coral that seems to be falling over. His base is staying on the rock but he (sexist aren't I :) ) seems to be streching toward the front of the tank and twisting around a bit. I have had him for alomost two years now and would hate to loose him. Could it be the current is causing this? There is no direct current so it would be bouncing off someting. If I can find the drivers and processors for my camera I will try to upload a pic. Thanks -Chris-

Sounds like the coral may either be hybernating or has gotten too large to support it's own weight. What kind of leather is it and how tall? The pic would definately be a plus if possible.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve, Ive sent a pic of my leather to my gallery (didn't know how to get it here). Its pending approval right now so I hope you will be able to see it soon. As you will be able to see it's not hibernating. If its getting to large where would I get info on propagating it, I don't even rememder what kind of leather it is ( I forgot).
Thanks -Chris-

It looks like it is just getting too large possibley but you are right, it's not sloughing. <<Here>> is a good step by step that should help you frag the toadstool leather...

Healthy coralline growth (y)

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom